8Miles to the Course
This gorgeous home sits on the largest, most secluded lot in the prestigious River Island subdivision, one of the most popular neighborhoods for Masters housing and events. The backyard of this 1.16-acre wooded beauty is surrounded on all sides by county and HOA easements, affording peace and privacy (and fairly frequent sightings of families of deer).
With its open floor plan, high ceilings, large rooms, smooth flow, and thousands of square feet of deck., this home makes entertaining and vacationing simple and enjoyable. The stunning wraparound porch lined with white columns is the epitome of Southern charm and will delight your guests, as will the pool, hot tub, movie theater, recreational amenities, and extensive areas for indoor and outdoor seating. Relax in the fully enclosed sunroom with its gorgeous view of native trees, open skies, and local wildlife.
Additional Outdoor Seating (not for meals)
2 rockers, 2 gliders, 2 Adirondack benches, 1 bench swing, 8 Adirondack chairs (perfect for the wraparound porch, pool area, or lower patio). The “dance deck” on the other side of the pool has 34 linear feet of benches around a gas firepit.
The master bedroom with its large windows, exterior door, and high ceilings is located on the main level for added convenience. The master bathroom has dual vanities, a massive walk-in shower, and a garden tub.
Downstairs you will be pleased to find 4 additional bedrooms with large windows, high ceilings are located on the main level for added convenience. The master bathroom has dual vanieites, a massive walk-in shower, and a garden tub.
Downstairs you will be pleased to find 4 additional bedrooms with large windows, high ceilings, walk-in closets, and ceiling fans. Two of the bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. Two share a bathroom. All bedrooms have queen beds.
- Gorgeous home theater provides a stunning Dolby experience with optimized sound and picture. Watch the Masters bigger than life on the huge, 145-inch Ultra High Definition screen.
- Reclining couches easily seat 12
- Flight simulator with FAA instructional software
- 2 treadmills
- Regulation dartboard
- Multi-function game table for air hockey, pool, and ping-pong
- Nintendo Switch gaming console
- Large, heated swimming pool with diving board
- Hot tub for 7 on the covered patio with big screen TV, surround sound, adjacent fridge/second kitchen
- Other activities include cornhole, ladder golf, horseshoes, hatchet throwing, firepit
Outdoor Recreation- River Island
River Island is an official conservation neighborhood with its own published field guide, community docks, and miles of well-maintained walking trails along the edge of the beautiful Savannah River, through preserved woodlands, and next to Jones Creek, where beavers, otters, heron, and other wildlife thrive. As you stroll down the shady walking paths or sit and watch the sunset, you feel far from it all, while still being only minutes from downtown.
- Main-level kitchen: convection oven, induction stove, microwave oven with toasting
capabilities, Flex fridge, touch-activated faucet, large kitchen island
- Lower-level kitchen (outside theater): oven, stove, microwave (great for movie
- Private office and private dining room
- Beautiful outdoor lighting for porch and landscaping
- Fiber-optic gigabit access / wireless mesh network throughout the house
- Outdoor grill in the lower, covered patio area (by hot but)
- Smart-house features for HVAC, theater
- Ceiling fans throughout
- Additional HVAC mini-split in the sunroom for customized control
- Butler pantry connecting private dining room and kitchen
- Plenty of exterior doors smooth the flow of people during large events
- House regularly used for parties of 100+ guests
- Vaulted living room ceiling, surround sound
- Hacienda area with live edge table made from Georgia pine